At Cloudvidia, we have purpose-built a smart factory solution for the electronics manufacturing industry that helps factories optimize their production by analyzing their machine data and highlighting inefficiencies and areas for improvement. Part of our mission is to build Cloudvidia with talent, dedication and passion for the cause of bringing our leading-edge industrial automation solutions to the four corners of the world. In support of that mission, we are searching for a Business Analyst in China to help execute a suite of exciting projects that are currently underway.
This is a high-growth opportunity for a skilled professional who wants his or her imprint on a ‘poised to grow’ Industry 4.0 start-up. The Business Analyst will become an expert on Cloudvidia’s smart factory solution. You will be part of product deployment projects from initiation through successful project closure. You will compare user requirements to our platform capabilities and conduct a gap analysis. As a problem-solver, you will work cross-functionally to develop strategies to solve complex technical problems. As the ideal candidate, you are an expert at analyzing business processes, production data and software systems to deliver actionable insights that guide decision-making and optimization. The position is both strategic and hands-on, requiring an obsession to improve the customer’s experience.
- Work closely with and provide hands-on support to project managers, solutions architects and developers to ensure requirements understanding. Provide clarifications and data validation during the build cycle and establish regular checkpoints to ensure system changes align with the intended vision and customer requirements. Ensure technology and business solutions represent and fulfill business requirements and also align to applicable business strategies.
- Contribute to technology build and deployment activities on multiple platforms. Track issues and progress against project plans for your assigned tasks and participate in internal and external meetings managing effective communication with stakeholders. Approve test cases to ensure use case cover requirements. Participate in Acceptance Testing of deliverables.
- Engage and transition knowledge to IoT operations teams (at the customer end) by providing overviews, detailed documentation, hands-on demo/learning opportunities and follow-up support to ensure the transfer of day-to-day operations after go-live.
- Actively help manage customer relationships with respect to solution offering comparisons, participating in customer Scope of Work reviews and using indicators, metrics and data to identify opportunities for improvement using IIoT and Data Analytics.
- Integrity – Adherence to business’ ethical principles; demonstrated honesty and courage.
- Intellectual Curiosity – A demonstrated interest in personal and professional lifelong learning and development.
- Planning – Planning and prioritizing work to manage time effectively and to accomplish priorities.
- Interpersonal Skills –Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Commercial Orientation – Ability to identify market opportunities and the effective implementation of strategies for improved financial performance for the short and long-term.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical area.
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst in an electronics manufacturing environment. Industry 4.0/Factory Automation or Digital Transformation experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of typical manufacturing process flows and understanding of the application of IoT in manufacturing and supply chain. Understand the various technologies and terminology used and be able to translate concepts and solutions into commercial outcomes.
- Experience in process mapping, process analysis, requirements gathering and assessment, data analysis, gap/fit analysis and documentation (BRD and FRD).
- Experience in leading ERP/MES systems implementations is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to gather solid requirements and acceptance criteria with various levels of leadership.
- Ability to explain technical issues in a concise and non-technical manner to business users.
- Comfortable with leading and organizing meetings and working effectively with an international team.
- Efficient in working iteratively with development resources. Good understanding of Agile solution delivery methodologies or other project management methodologies a plus.
- This position has no direct reports.
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
- Up to 20% travel, mostly to customer sites.
- Must be proficient in English (verbal and written).